DESIGNING A PROFESSIONAL PATH
About the project
Our aim is to discover talents among teenagers aged 13-18 living in foster families and orphanages all over Belarus, which helps them take the first step towards a successful self-determination.
And we do it in three steps: online career guidance, motivational camp and professional internship.I want to help
A robot-guru offers to take a vocational test. After analysing the answers, it sends the teenager to pods corresponding to his professional preferences. Inside the capsules, participants can get:
- an introduction to the masters of their profession,
- books, films and useful links about the profession,
- opportunity to create their first professional project.
Step 1. Robot-guru
The online career guidance platform on Telegram, where teenagers learn about modern professions in 18 areas.
After going through the robot-guru, each child will understand, which area of activity is suitable for them, based on their abilities and interests, and determine an educational trajectory for their development.
is June 2021.
A new season will take place during the winter holidays in 2022 at the Education and Recreation Centre. The new participants are looking forward to:
- developing the ‘big eight qualities’ necessary for a successful career,
- helping in defining their life values and reference points,
- motivating lectures from business founders.
Step 2. Camp
A motivational camp with a history that began in the summer of 2018.
Each season is nine days of training workshops on universal competences with masters and 70 orphaned teenagers from all over the country.
The children are taught to challenge themselves, set goals and create projects for the future.
is January 2022.
The first season of the internship will take place during the summer holidays of 2021 at the hotel complex. The best teenagers await:
- a real working day at a company,
- writing their first CV and motivation letter,
- business dinners and games.
Step 3. Internship
A programme of internships in companies in Minsk in different professions: marketer, tester, financier, journalist, designer, etc.
35 teenagers will have a chance to prove themselves, work with the team and get real professional experience during 9 days.
is August 2022.
Thanks to our activities:
Thanks to our activities:
- the participants develop creative and critical thinking and find their vocation,
- average achievement scores increase by 1.5 to 2.5 points,
- when they return home, the young people set up their own projects (e.g. they open their own photo studios),
- teenagers get part-time jobs from partners (in video editing, copywriting, etc.).
orphans from all over Belarus were trained at the camp
partners said "yes" to us and gave us support
participants chose to go to university
mentions of the project in the media, TV and radio
The stories of participants
Wania Poklonski, Glubokoe, sezon 3